NYS Displaced Homemaker Program
Marcy Holmes, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 518-234-2568 x 3024
A Displaced Homemaker is an individual who:
· Is unemployed or underemployed and is having difficulty getting a job or moving ahead.
· May not have worked in the labor force for a substantial number of years but, during that time, has worked in the home providing unpaid services for family members; and
· Has depended on public assistance or on the income of another family member, but is no longer supported that way; or
· Is receiving public assistance because of dependent children in the home, especially if that assistance will be ending;
The Displaced Homemaker Program gets people back on the road to economic independence by providing the career counseling, employment training, job search assistance, and support services they need to obtain employment. The program provides a wide range of career readiness workshops including:
· Resume and cover letter preparation
· Online job searching techniques
· Interviewing skills
· Basic computer skills trainings in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
· Job development
The goal of the program is to help people become employed and self-supporting by providing them with the necessary skills and support services to succeed.