Jodi Gregory, Director/Deputy Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 518-234-2568 x3023
Family Team Conferences
- Creates teams with families to work on goals and build on strengths so families can move forward and be successful.
- Providers and natural supports are brought together to form the family’s team.
Skill Building for Families
- Important skills are often needed for families of children with special challenges.
- Skill Building focuses not only on the techniques necessary to advocate for your child, but also on how to cope with your own anger, how to communicate effectively, and how to strengthen the family unit.
- We also offer classes for parents AND youth, separately and together, so that all family members can work towards developing a strong, loving family.
Mentoring and Special Projects
- Young people sometimes just need someone to spend time with; to share their hopes and dreams; to enjoy recreational activities.
- Each mentoring relationship is different and shaped by the unique personalities, interests, and talents of the adult and the child.
- Mentors are role models, confidence builders, good listeners, ordinary people, responsible adults.
- Mentors are not babysitters, surrogate parents, therapists, cool peers.
- We also offer group activities, sponsor youth to community activities, and work with youth to develop their unique strengths and talents.
- Time Banking is a unique opportunity for youth the become involved in community efforts and build self-esteem while contributing to their families. Youth earn “time dollars” to be redeemed for their choice of activities by submitting monthly reports.
- Camp Sponsorships: Camp provides not only a recreational outlet for the child, but a socialization and educational experience as well. Youth have been sponsored to both day and overnight camps in New York State.
- Unique to Family Support, Family Partners offer peer support in many ways, depending on the needs of the particular family.
- Family Parents assist with systems navigation, provide information about family and children’s issues, help maintain family success, assist with referrals, accompany parents to court and school meetings, and provide a listening ear.