You will need to bring the following items with you for your tax preparation appointment. If you do not have these important items with you, we will not be able to complete and/or file your tax return:
- Mailing Address Information
- A Social Security Card for each family member included in the return.
- Please Note: Social Security Administration no longer provides a letter confirming your social security number in place of your social security card. If your card is lost, please visit http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber/ or call 1-800-772-1213 for more information on how to obtain a new social security card. Also Note: As part of the process, you will need to either visit a social security office in person or mail original identification documentation to the Social Security Administration.
- Picture ID (i.e. Driver’s License) for the taxpayer(s) who will sign the return.
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2017.
- All 1099 forms that you received in 2017.
- If you own a home, you need to bring school/property tax statements with you.
- If you paid for childcare in 2017 and want to deduct it, you need to bring the childcare provider’s name, address and tax identification number with you.
- If you received a Form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement) you must bring it.
- If you wish to have your return sent as direct deposit, you need to bring your bank account and routing numbers.
- If available, bring a copy of your 2016 tax return.
Schoharie County Community Action Program, Inc.
795 East Main Street Suite 5, Cobleskill, New York 12043
Phone: (518) 234-2568 | Fax: (518) 234-3507 | Toll Free: (866) 849-2402