Schoharie County Community Action Program
is pleased to invite you to attend an educational community event:
The Paths to Poverty
Barriers Preventing People
Rising Out of Poverty
Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 9 AM to Noon at The Olde Tater Barn
- Are a fellow service provider who works with individuals facing socioeconomic challenges
- Operate, volunteer or provide support to one of Schoharie County’s 19 food pantries
- Are a community member interested in learning more about the complex issue of poverty
- Want to understand how effective communication can help overcome barriers created by poverty?
Don’t miss out on this event!
SCCAP, in support of its mission “Building stronger, healthier communities and empowering families…”, is
sponsoring an unique opportunity to be part of a learning experience right along with SCCAP’s own dedicated
staff. To assist us in this endeavor we are privileged to have two certified Gold Star Speakers from the nationally
known organization Communication Across Barriers (CAB). (See attached speaker bios.)
~ “fight poverty, not the people who live in it.” (Dr. Beegle, CAB President) ~
Why is SCCAP focusing on food insecurity and poverty? Consider just a couple of facts that are impacting the
well-being of our very own community:
Of Schoharie County’s approximate population of 32,000 individuals:
- · 4,000+/- individuals live in poverty – includes 1,000+ children under the age of 18 and more
than 500 senior citizens
- · 48% of our students who attend public school are eligible for free or reduced lunches
Registration is free! Simply RSVP by Friday, May 26 via:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 234-2568 with
the name of your organization, the number of attendees and a contact phone # or email.
Plan to arrive a little early to allow enough time for signing in!
Did you know that you can support SCCAP all year round?
It’s simple! To make donations anytime:
Use AmazonSmile when making online purchases:
Create your account, designate SCCAP as the charitable organization, shop and a donation will automatically be made to SCCAP on eligible purchases.
Donating to SCCAP
is as easy as 1, 2, 3,